Hello my beautiful readers! What are y’all doing during this quarantine? Keep me updated and let me know how you all are doing and how your staying busy during this quarantine.
Today I want to share with you what’s been keeping me company during this pandemic. And that is my furry friend. Let me introduce her.
Her name is Brookie, she was adopted on June 22, 2019. She is currently 1 years old. She is a unique breed, she’s a tortoiseshell cat. She has her own little catanality! She is a small cat that’s FULL of energy and very sassy. She’s definitely not one of those girly cats that’s high maintenance, she likes to play fight with her cousin that’s bigger and stronger then her. She likes to prove that she runs the house. When I come home from a long day at work, she hears the door open and runs out of the room to greet me. One of the things she’s known for is rubbing up against my leg when she wants love and attention (or if she wants to go out on the balcony in the morning). I just recently discovered she’s the jealous type. She also lets me shower her without meowing or scratching.
Things She Likes and dislikes:
- Currently found out she loves Lion King. We watched the live animation the other day and she sat through the WHOLE movie looking at the screen. At one point she even got closer to the TV just to see it. Right now as I type, her eyes are clued the TV while I have Lion King playing in the background. It’s her second time watching it.
- She enjoys sleeping.
- She enjoys play fighting with her cousin, his name is Buster.
- She loves to play hide & seek. She play with her cousin and her mama (me).
- Her favorite food is IAMS dry food and she likes Fancy Feast wet food.
- She loves toys. She use to love these bird toys that a friend of mine got her and she played with them all day, everyday until the sound faded and she broke one of them. She still fetches for them and brings them back when I have time to play with her. She also plays with hair bands. Makes sense why they all go missing.
- She DOES NOT like catnip. I bought her a whole bottle, used it once and never used it again. She ran away from the area that had the catnip and did not return until I cleaned it up.
- She doesn’t like to snuggle. She will sleep near you but once you grab her and snuggle her, that’s the end. She’s gone!
- She like to play with hair. I can never do a full workout without her playing with my hair or without her rubbing up against me. So now I include her in my morning workouts.
- She also has this love/hate relationship with Buster. At night I hear these little monsters running around with their loud footsteps running up and down the hallway, knocking things over and jumping on and off my bed. It gets annoying.
The last thing I would like to mention about my little fluff is, she also has a wardrobe. Yes, you read that right, she wears clothes. A cat wearing clothes? That’s impossible! Well surprise! With Brookie, it’s possible. She currently has 3 pieces of clothing. She has a blue dress for Sundays and picture days. She has a grey shirt that she twins with her cousin. It says “I’m the reason we can’t have nice things.” She wears this around the house and to go out on the balcony to get fresh air. She also has a sweater that says “Home Slice.” She wears this when we go out for walks when its cold outside. No, she doesn’t wear her clothes to bed. They come off at 9pm and only wears her clothes when I know that I’m going to be home the majority of the day or when we have visitors over.
Overall, she is the cat I’ve always wanted ❤️. She listens, doesn’t cry often and is super loving. I would like to share with you how I got this little munchkin but that’s for another day. If you have any 2, 3, 4, or 6 legged friends please share in the comments below and let me know their likes and dislikes. I hope everyone is staying safe and for those of you working hard during this pandemic, thank you so much for all you do. Stay home, stay safe, and stay healthy. Thank you for reading and remember everything’s otay! 👌