Each year on October 10th is World Mental Health Day! How is your mental health today?
Related article: https://everythingsotay.com/2019/05/03/mental-health-awareness-month/
Did you know 1 out of 5 adults and teenagers suffer from a mental illness? 1/3 of the population that are diagnosed don’t seek professional health. If there’s no help it could lead to self-harm, homelessness and suicide. Someone loses there life to suicide every 40 seconds. This is heartbreaking to hear. We all know someone that suffers from a mental illness or may battle with suicidal thought and may be too ashamed to share it with a close friend or a loved one. Maybe because of the stigma that surrounds mental health. For those of you that are battling a mental illness or suicidal thought, you are not alone. We are here for you. We might not know what runs through your mind but share with us how you are feeling that day. We want to know the words “I’m Fine” are genuine. Share with us your ups and downs, let’s go for a hike or a run, lets cook a healthy meal together, ect. We want to create memories with you.
And for all of us that have a hectic schedule. Squeeze in some time for yourself. Here are 4 things you can do for our self-care:
- Keep Active – Run, walk, jog at least 20 mins a day or go for a hike one early morning.
- Eat Well – Make sure to eat plenty of vegetables!
- Talk about your feelings – bottling up emotions is never healthy. Loved ones and friends are always a call away.
- Care for others – “There is more happiness in giving than receiving.” (Acts 20:35).
- Take a Break! – to me this is the most important one. Sometimes we all need to get away from the chaos and just breathe. Sit back relax.
Remember, everyday is an opportunity to say the words “I love you” and show that you care.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1(800)273-8255
Leave a Reply